Simple Home Decor Hacks that Every DIY Home Designer May Know
Home designing is skillful art, where creativity and imagination are executed efficiently for desired results. While professional designers are formally trained to take up this task efficiently, there is no specific rule book governing the process and most of the successful designers believe the same. It’s the right mix of creativity, vision, and skillful execution of the blueprint that makes it a reality.
There are no fixed principles guiding home designers, however certain home décor hacks come handy for the perfect outcome. Again you don’t need elaborate training to master these hacks, as these are very simple tips. Follow these simple designing tips for DIY home designing and you can expect satisfactory results for sure.
- Work on the floor plan first – Minute detailing is the key to efficient designing, but it starts with the bigger plan. The floor plan is the first thing to create. Based on the room size and orientation, sketch a rough plan of the furniture placement. Floor arrangement of larger items like sofa, bed, dining table, study table, TV unit, and wardrobe can be decided first. This will allow you to move towards minor detailing.
- Free space is also essential part of designing – Many of us believe that designing is only about accommodating the furniture and furnishing in given space with proper color co-ordination. However, there is much more to designing than this. You will have to manage space. Free space in the room makes it appear large. It also gives the fair view of the interiors. Keeping more of free space means spending less on the expensive furniture. This way you can maintain your budget and spend more on the better quality products.
- Point of Focus – Decorating every nook and corner in the room would convert your home into museum. Instead concentrate on one area of the room that will become point of focus. This area will contain your most attractive décor to grab the attention of the visitors. Make one area primary and let other areas be decorated to support it. This will save your time and money being spent on the entire space.
- Curtain it up last – Curtains offer privacy from outer world, and at the same time add color to the interiors, even when you select the shades of white. Curtains are used to smartly add contrast and shades to the home. You will have to setup entire furniture first and then select the curtains to add the shades as required. If light prevention is the prime concern, then darker shades will work. You can use double layered curtain for preventing light even with lighter shades.
- Size matters – Something that looks attractive at the showroom may suddenly look misfit for your home due to wrong sizing. This holds true for every piece of furniture, whether is wall-hanging or dining table. Even the wall clock should be selected according to the size of wall you would be hanging it on! Stick to the scale for better designing.
- Paint the walls right – Walls would be seen all around. Wrong paint on the wall would affect the décor badly. You can take the help of technology to decide the right paint for your walls. There are softwares available online that would show you exactly what your home would look like after applying the selected shade. If you don’t find anything interesting, then go for pure white walls with one highlighted wall painted in contrast shade or wallpaper.
There are no fixed ideas or rules governing the home designing. Anything that strikes your mind and you think it will work can be included, provided it goes well with the rest of the décor. Note the above tips to ensure convincing results every time.