It’s that time of the year again when you want to shout your love from the rooftops! There are hearts and flowers covering most retail stores and the lure of spending your hard-earned cash is strong, but haven’t you ever heard it’s the thought that counts? If you want to give a gift that’s extra special this Valentine’s Day why not make it yourself? Check out our top handmade Valentine’s crafts and gifts.
Add a Sprinkle of Romance to your Dessert
If you are enjoying a night in with your love then why not add a little romance to your dessert by spelling out ‘LOVE’ in meringue? Here’s a recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix 3 large egg whites with 96g sugar and place in a bainmarie heating and stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Beat the mixture until it’s stiff and forms peaks.
- Put your mixture into a piping bag and pipe out the letters L, O, V, and E as well as some hearts onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake the letters for about an hour, until crisp on the outside, and 40 minutes for the hearts.
This isn’t strictly a DIY but there are plenty of romantic things you can do with rose petals. Lay some buds in a heart shape in the boudoir or scatter over a bath to ramp up the romance factor.
Heart Shaped Tea Bags
This is an impressive Valentine DIY that is actually quite easy to do!
- Take a normal tea bad and carefully trim it open.
- Remove the tea and place to one side; you’ll need this later.
- Cut both sides of the tea bag into heart shapes.
- Using red thread sew the two heart pieces together leaving a gap to put the tea back into.
- Before sewing up the gap feed some thread into the bag and sew the gap up tightly.
- Cut two heart shaped pieces out of card and glue together trapping the end of the thread in the middle.
- Now you can give your soul mate an extra special cup of tea.
Reasons Why I Love You
If you want to tell your soul mate why you love them, make them a stylish mini book that details all of the reasons why! If you want to give it a go then here are the instructions:
- Grab some playing cards.
- Use one of the joker cards as a template, punching two holes in the side.
- Punch holes in all of your cards using the template as a guide.
- Create your labels, writing a reason why you love the recipient of this gift on each one.
- Use double sided tape or glue to stick your labels to the centre of each card.
- Using book rings attach all of your cards together to form a book.
If you have any more LOVEly crafts (see what we did there?) drop us a line, we’d love to see them!
If you are running low on crafting supplies, check out craft supplies store for everything you’ll need at great low prices!